New Bike Registration Process in Karachi, Lahore, and Islamabad
The process of buying a new bike is thrilling, but it may also be confusing, particularly when it comes to the registration procedure. For registering a new bike, different cities have distinct processes and specifications. The new bike registration procedure in Pakistan’s major cities, including Karachi, Lahore, and Islamabad, will be examined in this article. To help you manage the process and get your new bike on the road, we’ll go over the paperwork needed, the costs involved, and the procedure for registering your new bike in these cities.
Bike Registration Procedure
The owner of a locally built bike needs to submit various crucial paperwork in order to register it. Proof of ownership, insurance, and a valid National Identity Card is among the documentation required. These documents are required for the registration process to be completed.
- Form F (the registration application)
- Copy of the owner’s CNIC (Computerized National Identity Card),
- Original Sales Certificate of the bike/vehicle
- Authentic Sales Invoice.
- A fee for registration, a license plate, and any necessary taxes must also pay.
Bike Registration for Imported Bike
- Documents required for the registration of an imported bike or car is listed below.
- Form-F application for bike registration.
- A copy of the owner’s CNIC (National Identity Card).
- A copy of the Customs Authority’s Import Permission.
- A duplicate copy of the GD shows that all taxes and duties have been paid.
- A copy of the invoice is also required if the bike is acquired directly from the manufacturer.
- A copy of the bill of lading.
- Fee for paying registration, numberplate, and levied taxes.
The bike registration card, which is generated by the Motor Transport Management Information System, acts as proof of the bike’s registration with the RTO and the government. This card must be carried at all times by the owner and is valid for 15 years.
Bike Registration Punjab
The Punjab government has simplified the registration of motorcycles by instituting a Dealer vehicle registration system (DVRS). The government of Punjab has given specific dealers the authority to award bikes/any vehicle registration and license plate on the spot under this scheme.
The Punjab Excise and Taxation Department has taken the initiative as part of the Punjab Traffic Reforms. The dealers are well-known and have high marketing criteria. These dealers have MTMIS as well (Motor Transport Management Information System). They authorize the Punjab Motor Vehicle Transaction Licensees Act of 2015.
Customers can use the following services:
- Registration of a bike or vehicle.
- On-the-spot license plate issuance.
- Registration is possible after office hours.
- Complete data entry in the online system.
- There is no need to stand in lines.
- The procedure saves time.
- The bike registration price is Rs. 500.
Dealers enter all of the information required for bike registration into their databases. They deliver the registration documents to MRA after posting the challan (motor registration authority). The record is kept for 5 years for audit and record purposes. The registration fee is for the benefit of the government.
Pakistan Excise and Taxation Department decides bike registration fees. The cost varies according to engine power.
|Transfer of bike ownership||PKR 150|
|Vehicle engine power||Fee|
|Below 1000 cc||1 %|
|1000 cc – 1500 cc||2 %|
|1500 cc – 2000 cc||3 %|
|Above 2000 cc||4 %|
Bike Registration Check
It is critical to validate that the bike is correctly registered after finishing the bike registration process. This registration requires to keep the bike on the road. The Motor Vehicle Act of 1988 requires you to have your registration card with you at all times while riding your bike. This registration card proves that the bike has registered with the government and has met all of the requirements. Fines or penalties may apply if you do not have a valid registration card.
The Motor Transport Management Information System (MTMIS) is a government-created online system for registering motorcycles and cars. It is available in all of the country’s major cities and regions. The MTMIS website varies by region, and owners can log in to their particular website for further information about their bike registration. The owner’s name, registration details, vehicle information, year of registration, engine number, vehicle model, chassis number, car tax details, firm name, and engine capacity are all displayed on the website. This system allows the owner to check the status of their bike’s registration, vehicle tax records, and other pertinent information.
How to Check Bike Registration
There are several methods for verifying bike registration.
Check Excise Official Website
Motor Transport Management Information System (MTMIS) official websites can use to verify the progress of online bike registration. To improve accessibility and convenience of use, the MTMIS website is created separately for each province. Rawalpindi, Faisalabad, Sargodha, Multan, D.G. Khan, Bahawalpur, Gujranwala, and Sahiwal are all covered by the MTMIS Punjab website.
Karachi, Larkana, Hyderabad, Sukkur, and Thatta are among the cities covered by the MTMIS Sindh website. The website covers Peshawar, Charsadda, Kohat, Mardan, Nowshera, Swat, Haripur, and Minor in the KPK (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa) province. These websites offer vehicle owners a platform to check their registration status, taxes, and other vehicle-related information.
The steps below do the online bike registration check.
- Visit the MTMIS official website for the province where you registered your bike.
- Select the vehicle registration’ option from the toolbar.
- Select “Check Vehicle Detail.”
- Enter the bike registration number and registration date.
- Select the ‘Check’ option.
Check by SMS Registration
A bike registration check by SMS is another easy technique for confirming bike registration. This enables the owner to verify the status of their bike’s registration by sending an SMS from their mobile phone. The SMS codes for checking bike registration vary by province. To use this service, the owner needs to have the bike’s details, such as the registration number. This service allows the owner to verify the registration status without having to connect to the internet. The owner will receive a message with registration, tax, and other pertinent information.
- The code for bike registration check-in in Punjab is 8785.
- Sindh is represented by the code 8147.
- For Islamabad, dial 8521.
- Sending the bike’s registration number to 8785 will do a bike registration check-in in Karachi. The information about your bike will be provided to you in seconds.
Follow the steps outlined below to register your vehicle by SMS.
- Open the SMS window on your phone.
- Write down your bike’s registration number.
- Send the message to the province code of your choice.
The server will display the bike registration information when you check your bike registration via the website or SMS. This information comprises the owner’s name, the model and company of the motorcycle, the registration year, color, taxes paid, token paid, computerized number plate issue number, and engine and chassis numbers. This information provides a complete summary of the bike’s registration status as well as the taxes and fees paid. Another option for a bike registration check is to go to the excise office. Before visiting the excise office, please read the steps below.
- Visit your local excise, taxation, and narcotics office.
- Bring all original paperwork pertaining to your bike.
- The excise officer assists you in verifying your bike registration.
- The corporate team assists the owner with any bike registration questions.
Check Bike Registration by CNIC
Another option for checking bike registration in Punjab is to use a CNIC number. To use this method, go to the Excise and Taxation Department’s official website and select the “two-wheeler” registration check option. Then, in the designated section, enter your CNIC number and check the box to ensure that you are not a robot. When you press the search button, the website will display information about the registration status of your bike, such as the owner’s name, the model and company of the bike, the registration year, the color, the taxes paid, the token paid, the issuance number of computerized number plates, and the engine and chassis numbers. This tool makes it easier and more simple for the owner to verify the status of their bike registration by just entering their CNIC number.
Registration Check by Engine Number
Your bikes’ engines have a registration number written on them. It is also possible to check bike registration by engine number.
Registration Check by the App
The Pakistani government has released the Independent News Coverage Pakistan (INCPAK) app, which allows users to monitor the status of their bike or vehicle registration. This program offers a single platform for verifying registration across the country, regardless of location. The app gives complete bike registration information, including the owner’s name, bike model and company, registration year, color, taxes paid, token paid, computerized number plate issue number, and engine and chassis numbers. The software, which is available for both Android and iOS, intends to make the registration process more convenient and accessible for individuals.
The Government of Pakistan launched the INCPAK app, which includes unique options for each province, including Islamabad, Punjab, Sindh, KPK, and AJ&K, and allows users to check their bike registration status in particular to their region. The app is simply downloaded from the App Store on Android phones and does not require sign-up. Users can easily log in with the necessary information, enter the bike’s registration number, and check the status of its registration. The information presents in the form of two tables, similar to the MTMIS website, and includes all registration details such as the owner’s name, bike model and company, registration year, color, taxes paid, token paid, issuance the number of computerized number plates, and engine and chassis numbers.
How can I get new number plate in Islamabad?
The City Islamabad App, the official mobile app, can be used to access the service. The smartphone software provides customers with a variety of mobile services, including the ability to pay token taxes.
How can I transfer my bike ownership in Sindh?
- Sindh’s Ownership Transfer
- A copy of your CNIC and the original buyer’s CNIC are required for the Transfer of Ownership form (TO).
- Original invoices and certificates of sales.
- Submit the Letter of Sales that the Vehicle Dealer issued to the Motor Registration Authority.
- A legitimate No Objection Certificate (NOC) issued by the Bank
Can I register my motorcycle in other region?
You can register your car at a different regional office, as was already indicated, but you will have to pay more. These costs will be related to moving your files from one office to another.
How do I register my new motorcycle?
- Application for Vehicle Registration Form F.
- Copy of Owner’s National Identity Card (in case of individuals)
- Vehicle’s original sales certificate.
- Vehicle’s initial sales invoice.
- Payment of registration fees, licence plate fees, and additional taxes that may be due.
Which number is lucky for vehicle?
People typically select a combination of digits or numerals that add up to nine, such as 5400, 8100, or 6030, if the most auspicious number, 9999, is not available. Luxury vehicles frequently have fortunate numbers or registration numbers that total up to nine.